Filing a Complaint
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE A COMPLAINT?
FXCM strives to build strong, long-lasting relationships with all our stakeholders, including and most importantly with our clients. In keeping with this, we view your comments, suggestions and concerns as matters of premiere importance. We also recognise that a client's dissatisfaction is an opportunity for us to improve by enhancing our products and level of service.
If you are dissatisfied with the service provided by FXCM, please contact our Customer Service as soon as possible at 1 800 109 751 or via email at email@example.com
If you have a trading question, you can submit a trade inquiry by submitting the Online Trade Audit Form. Please note that all trading inquiries must be logged as quickly as possible after the trading issue has occurred. We have a dedicated team of professionals that are trained to research and resolve trade inquiries. Once the trade has been researched you will be contacted and you will receive a thorough explanation of what occurred on the trade(s) that were reported for investigation. If FXCM determines you were negatively impacted by a technical issue, an adjustment will be offered.
If the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction within 24 hours or you wish to submit a formal complaint at the initial stage, you can do so by submitting a complaint by completing the Online Complaint Form.
The complaint will receive an impartial review to determine if we have acted fairly within our rights and have met our contractual obligations. If we cannot resolve your complaint immediately, we will need some time to investigate your concerns. We may also request that you provide us with further information to assist with our investigation.
We will acknowledge your complaint promptly and will try to resolve it as quickly as possible.
Generally, where your complaint is made:
- verbally – we will acknowledge your complaint in the same manner;
- in writing – by email or via social media, we will acknowledge your complaint, in writing, within one business day where possible or as soon as practicable thereafter.
When acknowledging your complaint, we will also have regard to any preferences you have communicated to us in relation to the way in which you wish for us to communicate with you.
We will provide you with our written reasons for the outcome of your complaint ("IDR Response") within 30 days of receiving the complaint where:
- your complaint is not resolved within 5 business days of us receiving your complaint; or
- if you request a written response.
If we reject your complaint (whether in full or in part), our IDR Response will:
- identify and address the issues you raised in your complaint;
- set out our findings on the material questions of fact raised in your complaint, making reference to the relevant supporting information; and
- provide a sufficient level of detail in order for you to understand the reasons for our decision so that you can decide whether to escalate the complaint to AFCA or another forum.
We are not required to provide you with an IDR Response if:
- your complaint is resolved to your complete satisfaction within 5 business days and you have not requested an IDR Response; or
- within 5 business days of receiving your complaint, we have given you an explanation and/or apology in circumstances where we cannot take any further action to reasonably address your complaint.
If we are not able to provide our IDR Response to you on time because your complaint is complex or because of circumstances beyond our control, we will write to you to explain the reasons for the delay, and inform you of your right to complain to AFCA and provide you with AFCA's contact details. If you are not satisfied with how your complaint has been handled or if you feel it still remains unresolved, you can refer your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
AFCA is an independent organisation that resolves disputes between financial institutions and their customers. Information on contacting AFCA will be provided in the final response letter to your complaint. Any reference to AFCA must take place within 2 years of FXCM's final response letter, and you should also note that AFCA will not consider a complaint until we have had the opportunity to address the complaint.
You can lodge a complaint with AFCA via: