What Is The New Symbols List?
The new symbols list is one of the features included in FXCM's trading software suite Trading Station. The new symbols list is a useful tool for forex traders, giving them the ability to quickly designate specific currency pairings for study and active trade.
The new symbols list's robust functionality streamlines trading operations and provides several unique advantages to active traders:
- Efficiency: Enabling the monitoring of multiple currency pairs by the trader. In addition, all available trading options are readily accessible.
- Organisation: The new symbols list is comprised of all available currency pairs arranged according to their classification. Forex majors, minors, exotics and popularly traded instruments are grouped under the appropriate heading for easy reference.
How To Use The New Symbols List
The new symbols list is a straightforward method of identifying which instruments are available for trade. In addition, it serves as a means of physically selecting (known as "subscribing") the desired instruments.
The process of assigning a currency pair for active trade is relatively user-friendly. For instance, the procedure for using the new symbols list to enable the EUR/USD pair for active trade is as follows:
- Open the new symbols list: From the FXCM Trading Station home screen, select "view" and then "symbols list." This will provide a list of instruments available for trade.
- Identify the desired symbols: Either scroll down through the open list to visually acquire the EUR/USD symbol or type EUR/USD into the search bar.
- Subscribe: Upon locating the pair's symbol, there are two ways in which to subscribe. You can either double-click on the EUR/USD symbol, or right-click on it then select the "subscribe" option from the menu. Depending on system settings, the symbol itself will become blue (the colors are customisable) or bold. Trading Station allows a maximum of 20 symbols to be subscribed to at one time.
- Unsubscribe: In the event that the pair was selected by accident, simply double click on the EUR/USD symbol (expressed in color or bold) or right click on the symbol and select "unsubscribe" from the menu. The EUR/USD symbol will now appear in normal black type. To unsubscribe from all symbols, right-click anywhere on the new symbols list and select "unsubscribe from all symbols" from the menu.
- Close: To close, click on the "x" in the upper right corner.
Upon completion of the process, the EUR/USD is now ready for study or active trade via the Advanced Dealing Rates Tab. Pricing data, charts and trade execution functions are also now available.
FXCM Research Team
FXCM Research Team consists of a number of FXCM's Market and Product Specialists.
Articles published by FXCM Research Team generally have numerous contributors and aim to provide general Educational and Informative content on Market News and Products.
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices, other information, or links to third-party sites contained on this website are provided on an "as-is" basis, as general market commentary and do not constitute investment advice. The market commentary has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and it is therefore not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of dissemination. Although this commentary is not produced by an independent source, FXCM takes all sufficient steps to eliminate or prevent any conflicts of interests arising out of the production and dissemination of this communication. The employees of FXCM commit to acting in the clients' best interests and represent their views without misleading, deceiving, or otherwise impairing the clients' ability to make informed investment decisions. For more information about the FXCM's internal organizational and administrative arrangements for the prevention of conflicts, please refer to the Firms' Managing Conflicts Policy. Please ensure that you read and understand our Full Disclaimer and Liability provision concerning the foregoing Information, which can be accessed here.