We (Forex Capital Markets Limited) respect each individual's right to privacy and we take data security very seriously. As you explore our site or otherwise deal with us, we want you to be clear about how we’re using your information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy; we hope that you will take time to read this policy carefully – and if you have any questions, contact us
- what information we collect and why we collect it
- how we use that information and how long we keep it;
- your privacy rights;
- how we secure personal information; and
- when this policy applies and other important privacy information.
Information that we collect and why we collect it
When you apply to open, when you maintain an account with us, or request a service we will require you to provide us with information about you. We will need to use the information in certain ways – from basic needs like verifying your identity to more complex things like determining whether financial trading is appropriate for you and processing your requests and transactions.
We collect and store the following information:
Most of the biographical information we collect from you will be collected during the account opening process but we may collect biographical information from you at other times such as when you register to receive a demonstration account or after you open an account. Some of the information will be provided by you but we may also collect information about you that we receive from public records or other entities not connected to FXCM. Information collected and stored will generally include your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, your occupation, financial information and statements including details about your income and assets, trading history, copies of government issued identification including your passport and driving license (which contain a photo of you), copies of bills, and copies of residency cards.
Information about payments
If you use our Services for purchases or financial transactions (like when you fund your account, withdraw money from your account or purchase an app or development services), we collect and store information about the purchase or transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your card information including your credit or debit card number, and your account number including your account number and other authentication details.
Online information about your visit to our web site
When you visit our websites or trade on our platforms, we may automatically collect and store information about you. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our websites and/or trade with us, and it also allows us to improve our websites. In general, we collect:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information received from other sources
We may receive information about you if you deal with any of our related companies. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How we use information that we collect and how long we keep it
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to review your eligibility to do business with us and to verify your identity and background before we agree to do business with you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any services we offer you and or contracts you enter with us;
- to comply and cooperate with regulators, governmental authorities and the courts and to comply with our legal obligations;
- to process any requests, enquiries or complaints received from you;
- to notify you about changes to our service as a courtesy or where necessary;
- to administer our site and services and for internal business operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and services;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site and trading systems safe and secure; and
- to provide you with information about goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about or that may be of interest to you. We will not sell your personal data to third parties.
Who we share your personal information with
We will not share your information with third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. However, we may share your information with:
- any member of our group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the UK Companies Act 2006);
- service providers who provide you with services through us such as your referring broker, money manager and signal providers;
- service providers such as cloud based providers with high security standards.
- service providers that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with data or that verify your identity. These entities are limited in their ability to use your information for purposes other than providing services for us;
- other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our services, including instances:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our services; and
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers;
- other parties in connection with corporate transactions including a sale or transfer of our company or a business unit, or in the event of a bankruptcy; and
- other parties with your consent or at your direction, an example of the latter being instances where you ask us to send your information to your professional advisors.
International Data transfers
We may need to transfer your information to other group companies or service providers in countries in or outside the EEA (European Economic Area). This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are located elsewhere. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored at or otherwise processed in Australia, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, America, South Africa and the United States of America. When we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we endeavour to protect your privacy and rights by ensuring the recipient has adequate systems and measures to safeguard data and by agreeing to EU approved model contractual clauses with the data recipient which are designed to protect you.
By using or participating in any service and/or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of the EEA.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by any applicable law or regulation to which we are subject.
Your privacy rights
Under the terms of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to know what personal information we hold about you. If you'd like a copy of the information you are entitled to please write to us at Forex Capital Markets Limited, Attention: Data Protection Officer, Northern & Shell Building, 10 Lower Thames Street, 8th Floor, London EC3R 6AD, United Kingdom, clearly identifying yourself and the information you require. We may charge you £10 to cover the cost of processing your request and supplying your information to you. We will ask you to provide identification to ensure we do not disclose your information to the wrong person. Please note that you can obtain copies of your account free of charge on the 'MyFXCM' secure access website.
Opting-out of direct marketing
You can always tell us that you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us. But remember, if you do not want us to get in touch, you may miss out on valuable and exciting offers. If you would prefer not to receive direct marketing communications from us, simply let us know at any time by writing to us at Forex Capital Markets Limited, Attention: Data Protection Officer, Northern & Shell Building, 10 Lower Thames Street, 8th Floor, London EC3R 6AD, United Kingdom or by following the opt out instructions in the relevant communication. Please note that it may take up to 96 hours to process your opt-out request and that any such request will not stop you from receiving service messages from us.
Updating your personal information
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. We realise that this information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We may reach out to you from time to time to ask you to update your information or confirm that your information is up to date.
Please help us to ensure that the information about you that we hold is accurate and up to date. If you think that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please log into 'MyFXCM' and update accordingly.
How we secure personal information
We work hard to protect the information that we hold. In particular:
- we hold personal information in secure facilities and where the information is held electronically, on secure servers;
- we use encrypted transmission links whenever we can;
- we use other safeguards such as firewalls, authentication systems (e.g., passwords), and access control mechanisms to control unauthorised access to systems and data;
- we regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems; and
- we restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations. They may be disciplined or their contract terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
When this policy applies and other important privacy information
The provisions of this policy apply to visitors to our website, former clients, current clients, applicants and recipients of our services.
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page, and where appropriate, notified to you. Changes are effective when they are posted and by continuing to use our services, you acknowledge and agree to those changes. We are constantly developing new technology so please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
If you consider that any action of ours breaches this policy or applicable legislation, complain by writing us at Forex Capital Markets Limited, Attention: Data Protection Officer, Northern & Shell Building, 10 Lower Thames Street, 8th Floor, London EC3R 6AD, United Kingdom. We will promptly respond to your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can telephone the UK Information Commissioner's information and enquiries line on 01625 545 745.
Forex Capital Markets Limited is the controller of your personal data and is registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number Z6975990.