In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and ensuing economic chaos, governments and central banks around the world have created and rolled out dozens of financial rescue and economic stimulus plans to shield individuals and businesses affected by the lockdown in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Below, you can find links to our guides covering major countries' responses to the pandemic, both by the governments and their central banks. We will update these guides as more information becomes available in the ensuing months.
- United States government and Federal Reserve
- United Kingdom government and Bank of England
- Canadian government and Bank of Canada
- European Union and European Central Bank
- New Zealand government and the Reserve Bank of New Zealand
- Australian government and Reserve Bank of Australia
This article was last updated on 9th October 2020.
Senior Market Specialist
Russell Shor (MSTA, CFTe, MFTA) is a Senior Market Specialist at FXCM. He joined the firm in October 2017 and has an Honours Degree in Economics from the University of South Africa and holds the coveted Certified Financial Technician and Master of Financial Technical Analysis qualifications from the International Federation…