MetaTrader 4 Download Online
MetaTrader 4 (MT4) is one of the world's most popular online trading platforms. With FXCM, use your username and password to enhance your trading experience. First released in 2005, it'll offer access to all your favourite markets at home or on the go. Not only that, but you can configure it to automate your trading decisions. Ready to get started? Download MetaTrader 4 now.
What is MetaTrader 4
MetaTrader 4 is the online trading platform of choice for investors around the world. Built by MetaQuotes Software, it is now well-established as a popular forex trading platform. But that isn't the only market you can trade with MT4; you can dive into shares, indices and commodities. It's an easy-to-use and flexible way to plan and execute all your trades via CFDs or spread betting.
After its launch in 2005, MetaQuotes licensed the MT4 platform to FXCM and other brokers. As such, we can offer you a fully integrated trading experience. It comes with a range of features to help you make the best investment decisions. The best part is that, with the mobile app for Android devices, you can download MetaTrader 4 and use it wherever you are in the world.
MetaTrader 4: Key features
The MT4 platform comes with several features that make it the complete trading solution:
- Three types of order execution to support all your strategies.
- Technical analysis: Interactive charts and multiple indicators.
- Algorithms you can fully customise to automate your trading.
- Live news feeds and custom alerts so you're always informed.
- Make trades when you want with the mobile and desktop apps.
- Thousands of trading applications from the MetaTrader Market.
Not only that, but MT4 online support is available around the clock and in several languages. So, it's not hard to see why MetaTrader 4 is so popular with investors.
How to download MetaTrader 4
The first step is to open a trading account with FXCM. You can also access MetaTrader 4 with a demo FXCM account. Once you do this, log in and add your MT4 account. If you're installing on a mobile device, all you'll need for the MT4 app are your FXCM login details.
Next, decide if you're going to download MetaTrader 4 to your mobile or desktop – or both.
MetaTrader 4 download for mobile
It couldn't be simpler to download MT4 for a tablet or smartphone. All you need to do is follow these four steps:
- Open the Android store.
- Enter 'MetaTrader 4' into the search bar.
- Select the download option and install it on your device.
- Open and log into the app with your FXCM login details
MetaTrader 4 download for Windows
You can get MT4 for your Windows PC or laptop by clicking the button below.
Once downloaded, the next step is to install the MT4 platform. How you do this will depend on the browser you use. Here are the installation instructions for the most popular ones:
- When the MT4 download is complete, a window appears asking you to run or save the file.
- Click "Run" and follow the prompts on the screen.
- Find the download in the bottom left-hand corner of the page.
- Right-click/double-click on "MT4Install.EXE" to open the install wizard.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
- Access the download by clicking on the green, downward arrow in the top-right corner.
- Right-click/double click on "MT4Install.EXE" to open the install wizard.
- Follow the instructions to complete the install.
MT4 DOWNLOAD REQUIREMENTS
MetaTrader 4 download for Mac
MT4 for MAC OS can be downloaded by clicking on this link. Once downloaded, you can drag the icon to your Application folder (or any other folder you want). After installation, feel free to remove the install disk or disk image. However, if for any reason you cannot install it via the previous link, alternative options are available here.
How to use MetaTrader 4 on the go
How to get the latest MT4 updates
Like a lot of other software, updates to the MT4 platform are released periodically to improve how it works. The good news is that you don't often have to do anything to ensure your version is the most current. Automatic updates are built into the terminal, so you'll likely always have the newest edition.
How to uninstall MetaTrader 4
Need to uninstall MT4? Just like the installation process, removing the platform from your PC is quick and easy to do. The following instructions will help you do this:
- Type "Control Panel" into the search bar in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Choose "Uninstall a Program".
- Right-click on "FXCM MetaTrader 4" and click "Uninstall".
- Confirm uninstall by clicking "Yes".
- Click "Finish."