How do I set up text alerts in Trading Station?
In order to set up text message alerts in Trading Station, please follow the steps below:
- Click on “System” in the top Toolbar of the Trading Station window and press “Options”
- In the options window, please go down to the “Marketscope 2.0” section and select “Strategies Options”
- In the field “SMTP server address” enter your SMTP server address Add :465 to the end of your SMTP server address (smtp.gmail.com:465, smtp.live.com:587, smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465)
- In the field “SMTP user” enter your email username – the one you use to login to your email
- In the field “SMTP password” enter your email password – the one you use to login to your email
- In the field “From address” enter your email address
- In the field “Default email address” enter your carrier’s SMS gateway If you do not know the SMS gateway, please check your phone carriers website or contact their customer support. You may also be able to obtain the information from third party sites similar to the following links: (1,2)
*The views and opinions represented in the provided website link and resource are not controlled by FXCM. Further, FXCM is not responsible for their availability, content, or delivery of services.
Your strategies should now be able to send text message alerts. When setting up your strategy please change the “Send e-mail” field to “Yes” in order to enable sending messages for that particular strategy.
Links to third-party sites are provided for your convenience and for informational purposes only. FXCM bears no liability for the accuracy, content, or any other matter related to the external site or for that of subsequent links, and accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising from the use of this or any other content. Such sites are not within our control and may not follow the same privacy, security, or accessibility standards as ours. Please read the linked websites' terms and conditions.