How do I save Profiles and Templates in MetaTrader 4?
In order to save your charts and indicators in MetaTrader 4 you will need to save both profiles and templates. Profiles will save the way the charts are positioned, while templates will save the indicators and other chart elements that are on the chart.
To Save A Profile:
- Once you have everything positioned the way that you want, please go to File - Profiles and click “Save As”
- Enter a profile name and then press “Ok”
To load a saved profile please go to File - Profiles and then select the profile from the list of profiles that comes up. The profile should load.
To Save A Template:
- Once you have everything set up on your chart the way you want, please go to Charts - Template - Save Template to save the Template.
- Enter a name for the template and press save.
Please note: You will need to save a separate template for every set of indicators and chart elements that you have.
- For example: if you have 3 different charts and each chart has different indicators and elements, you would need to save the template for each chart separately.
To load a saved template please go to Charts - Templates and then select the template from the list of templates that comes up. The template should load.