Ticker (symbol name) Change Treatment
- In order to support a ticker change, a new symbol is created and open positions and pending orders are transferred.
- The change does not occur at the exact same time as the underlying ticker is changed, but over a weekend shortly following the corporate action.
- At the time of the corporate action FXCM will update the display name in the platform but the instrument ticker will not change.
- Trading will remain open, unaffected.
- Once the new symbol is created and tested, FXCM will transfer open positions and pending orders to the new symbol and then halt trading on the old symbol.
- Old positions will be closed at their open rate and new positions will be opened at the same rate.