Transparency in Financials
FXCM Is Leading the Way
Summary of Facts:
FXCM believes in making our financials transparent so that clients and potential traders know about the performance and health of FXCM as a company. FXCM strongly believes all traders should be asking his or her broker some pivotal questions regarding the company's financial stability. FXCM's financials are audited by Ernst & Young, which is one of the top four ranked accounting firms in the world.
- FXCM Adjusted Pro Forma total revenue:(What is Revenue?)
- Fiscal Year 2011: $412.3 million
- Fiscal Year 2012: $417.3 million
- Fiscal Year 2013: $489.6 million
- Q1 2014: $111.3 million
- Q2 2014: $97.9 million
- Q3 2014: $116.1 million
- Q4 2014: $134.7 million
- Fiscal Year 2014: $463.8 million
- FXCM Adjusted Pro Forma EBITDA (What is EBITDA?)
- Fiscal Year 2011: $111.9 million
- Fiscal Year 2012: $112.9 million
- Fiscal Year 2013: $158.0 million
- Q1 2014: $24.6 million
- Q2 2014: $13.4 million
- Q3 2014: $28.4 million
- Q4 2014: $40.8 million
- Fiscal Year 2014: $107.3 million
- FXCM Customer Equity (Customer Cash):
- As of December 31, 2012: $1.191 billion
- As of March 31, 2013: $1.190 billion
- As of June 30, 2013: $1.171 billion
- As of September 30, 2013: $1.264 billion
- As of December 31, 2013: $1.191 billion
- As of March 31, 2014: $1.245 billion
- As of June 30, 2014: $1.312 billion
- As of September 30, 2014: $1.332 billion
- As of December 31, 2014: $1.331 billion
- As of December 31, 2014:
- FXCM’s Customer Cash - $1.332 billion
- FXCM’s Cash on Hand - $338.8 million
- FXCM Debt - $176.6 million
- FXCM total retail Tradable Accounts (As of December 31, 2014): 230,579
Questions to ask your broker:
- What were your revenues?
- How profitable is your firm?
- Do you have a top-tier third party accounting firm auditing your financials?
All references to "FXCM" refer to FXCM Inc. and its consolidated subsidiaries. Our operating subsidiaries are regulated in a number of jurisdictions, including, but not limited to, the United States (US), the United Kingdom (UK, where regulatory passport rights have been exercised to operate in a number of European Economic Area jurisdictions), Hong Kong, Australia, and Japan. We maintain offices in these jurisdictions, among others.
EBITDA = Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization.
Revenue is income that a company receives from its normal business activities, usually from the sale of goods and services.