FXCM Trading Station
How do I place a market order?
In the "Dealing Rates" window of the Trading Station, follow these easy steps:
- Click on "Buy" or "Sell" for the currency pair you would like to trade.
- The "Create a Market Order" window will appear. Update all fields related to your market order including the Symbol, Sell/Buy, and Amount.
- Click "OK" to submit your order to be executed at the next available price.
- Once executed, the order will display in the "Summary" window and can be managed based on the total positions for that currency pair.
How do I place stop or limit orders?
Stop and limit orders are placed from the "Open Positions" window based on the total amount of positions per symbol. To place a stop or limit order:
- From the "Open Positions" window, right click on the positions for the symbol and select "Stop/Limit".
- The "Stop/Limit" window will appear. Update all fields related to your stop and limit orders including the stop rate and/or limit order rate.
- Click "OK" to submit your pending order to be executed once the stop or limit order prices are reached.
- Once submitted, the orders will display in the stop and/or limit columns until the positions are closed.
What is One-Click trading?
One-Click trading enables you to place market orders with just one click and is the fastest way to place orders.
To enable One-Click trading:
- Click on the "Trading Settings" button from the navigation menu.
- The "Trading Settings" window will display. Select "One-Click" as the trading mode.
- Click "OK".
- The One-Click trading disclaimer will display. Read the agreement and select, "I accept the terms of this agreement".
- Click "OK".
One-Click trading is now enabled on the account. You can execute orders with one click on the buy or sell price for the appropriate symbol in the "Advanced Dealing Rates" window.
How do I create a chart?
To create a chart:
- Click on the yellow clock icon from the Trading Station navigation menu. You can also select "Charts" from the main menu bar and click on "Create Marketshot".
- A "Create Marketshot" window will appear. Select the symbol, period, and interval.
- Click "OK".
A Marketscope chart will display with the appropriate time frame and settings.
You can easily customize the Marketscope charts to fit your trading needs. The "Options" menu allows you to change any aspect of the Trading Station, including the Marketscope charts.
Updating the Marketscope chart background color is the most popular change. To select a new color for your background, select from one of the available skins under the "Options" menu. You can change individual chart color settings in the Marketscope 2.0 section of the "Options" menu as well.
How do you trade from charts?
To trade directly from the Marketscope charts:
- Right-click inside the body of the chart.
- Click on "Create a Market Order" or "Create an Entry Order".
- The appropriate order window will display. Update all fields related to your order including the Symbol, Sell/Buy, Amount and Price (entry orders only).
- Click "OK" to submit your order.
- The order will display as an entry order or open position on the Marketscope charts.
- Once market orders are executed, the new position created will display as an open trade on the Marketscope charts. Entry orders will display as a pending order on the Marketscope charts.
- For your convenience, any open positions can be managed or closed from the Marketscope charts or from the appropriate window in the Trading Station.