Indices & Commodities
Oil & Gas
Trade energy products including Crude Oil and Natural Gas. Up-to-date margin requirements are displayed in the "Simplified Dealing Rates" window of the Trading Platform by instrument.CFD Product Guide
Why trade oil through FXCM LTD?
- No Re-quotes:1 on all energy products, giving you fast, efficient trade execution without expensive re-quotes.
- Minimum Trade Size: Trade from as little as 1 contract or $0.10 per tick.
- Lower Transaction Costs: Trade commission free2, no exchange fees, & no clearing fees. The transaction cost is the spread, the difference between the buy and sell price.
- Advanced Charting: Keep track of oil and trade from FXCM's advanced charting package.
- Generous Leverage:3 Generous leverage on all products that are clearly detailed on the Trade Station.
- Hedging Capability: You can go long or short oil from the same account.
Trading Oil on Margin
FXCM's margin rates are displayed in the dealing rates window on the trade station and detail the client's capital obligation to buy or sell 1 contract of a single index. FXCM has standardized minimum/incremental trade sizes for each instrument. To calculate the margin required to place the minimum trade size, simply multiply the minimum trade size by the margin required (per contract) which is displayed in the dealing rates window.
- USOil minimum trade size is 1 contract
- MMR is $20 (U.S.) per contract
- 1 contracts x $20 = US$20
Oil has a monthly expiration. Clients that hold an open position on the 'FXCM Expiration' will be closed at our bid/offer at:
- USOil: 21:00 GMT
- UKOil: 21:00 GMT
- NGAS: 21:00 GMT
Which means the client will realise any floating P/L at the time it is closed.
- Client is long 5 USOil @ 72.00.
- One day prior to expiration, the expiring month is trading at 73.00.
- The customer position is closed at 73.00 and the profit is credited to the clients trading account.
- All pending Stop and Limit orders that are associated with the expiring contract will be canceled.
- Client will need to re-establish another long position (assuming they wish to) and reinsert Stop and Limit orders to the new open position.
1 No Re-Quote Policy: FXCM maintains a no re-quote policy. Circumstances exist based on order size, trading pattern, and market conditions where individuals may not receive execution at the requested rate. Orders are executed at the next available rate within the trader's parameters, subject to market conditions. The difference between the requested rate and final execution price may be more or less advantageous based on the market activity and available liquidity.
2 Compensation: When executing customers' trades, FXCM can be compensated in several ways, which include, but are not limited to adding a markup to the spreads it receives from its liquidity providers and adding a markup to rollover. Under the Dealing Desk execution model, FXCM may act as a dealer and may receive additional compensation from trading.
3 Leverage: Leverage is a double-edged sword and can dramatically amplify your profits. It can also just as dramatically amplify your losses. Trading foreign exchange with any level of leverage may not be suitable for all investors.