- Click on the Start button and navigate through Programs and locate either the Symantec or Norton folder.
- Launch either the Personal Firewall or if that is not listed launch the Internet Security Suite.
- Navigate to the Personal Firewall section of the program.
- Click on "Personal Firewall", There will be two buttons on the bottom right of the window.
- Click on the "configure" button and the Program Control window will pop up (see the picture below).
- Under the Manual Program Control, you should see a drop down list. Find "FXTS.exe" and "fxupdater.exe" (shown below).
- Click on "Block All" next to "FXTS.exe" and "fxupdater.exe". Choose "Allow All", then click "Ok".
- Restart your computer after you are done.