The Benefits of MT4
When you trade on MT4 with FXCM there are no 3rd party bridges and no auto account syncs. We offer many features to enhance your MetaTrader 4 trading experience:
FXCM MetaTrader 4 Features:
Additional Notes on FXCM's MT4
- The maximum number of open orders is capped at 500 individual orders per account. This restriction includes both open orders and pending orders. The MT4 platform will display an error message if traders attempt to open more than 500 individual orders. Stop Losses and Take Profits are exempt from this restriction.
- MT4 is only able to execute one order per price update per symbol per account. For example, if an account has two stop orders on the same rate and the market only trades at or beyond that stop level one time, only one of the stop orders will execute. The second stop will not be triggered unless there is a secondary price update at or beyond that stop level.
- The margin call policy for FXCM MetaTrader 4 accounts is different from all other FXCM accounts. When a margin call occurs, trades will be closed one by one until "Free Margin" is greater than zero.
- Interest rates are not displayed on the MetaTrader 4 Platform; however, traders will pay or accrue interest in accordance with the current FXCM rates.
- Expert Advisor's (EA) are automated trading tools that can perform all or part of a trading strategy. FXCM does not vouch for the accuracy or reliability provided by the EAs not in its control. Traders utilizing an EA do so at their own risk. Additionally, many EA's employ the use of micro lots and do not account for fractional pip pricing. On the FXCM MetaTrader 4 platform the smallest lot size increment is 1k and fractional pips are used. Prior to trading, please contact your EA provider to discuss the lot sizes used in the program and any potential issues that may arise from fractional pip pricing.
- The maximum deviation feature was designed to control slippage. Please note: dependent upon market conditions, a lower maximum deviation amount can increase the likelihood that an order will be rejected due to the market price moving outside of the maximum deviation.
- You cannot use a pending order to close a trade or a portion of it. Pending orders can only be used to open new trades.
- There may be exceptions to the typical transaction, such as delays due to abnormal order processing or malfunctions with internal or external processes. In such cases, FXCM notifies clients as quickly as possible, depending on the complexity of the issue.